This exercise helps to strengthen shoulder and scapular retractors. It can be performed sitting or in a standing position.
- Sit with your buttocks at the edge of a chair.
- Spread your legs apart slightly.
- Turn your toes out slightly.
- Rest your weight on your legs/feet & relax your abdominal muscles.
- Tilt your pelvis forward (ie. arch your lower back) while lifting your chest up
- Rotate your arms outward while turning your palms up.
- Hold your head high in the air, with a slight arch in the neck.
- Take a couple of deep breaths in this position
- Repeate throughout your day
Leave A Comment